http://www.sottimano.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Sottimano-sfondo-vigna.jpg
'

Barbera d’Alba Pairolero

Download (JPG, PDF, PDF):

segnaposto-400x400

More informations

Grape: Barbera
Location: Comune di Neive
Orientation: sud/ovest
Size of Vineyard: 2.5 ha
Average production: 12.000

The vineyard

Pairolero is a blend of two different vineyards of Barbera in Neive: Basarin and San Cristoforo.

The vinification

The fermentation and the maceration of the skins normally takes about 25 days. No selected yeasts are used. The malolactic fermentation happens in French barrels coopered expressively for us by Francois Frères in Burgundy. The wine stays in these barrels for approximately 15-16 months, half of this time on its lees.
15% of the barrels used for aging this wine are new, the remaining 85% have previously been used up to 4 times. There is no filtering and no fining prior to bottling.
The Barbera Pairolero has a dark, inky red, with loads of red fruits, minerals and a touch of graphite on the nose with a long, rich taste in which the fruity components and the spicy notes are well balanced by a good acidity.